We support young people to take action for justice in their personal lives and communities.
Founded in 2007, CFS creates new generations of critical thinkers who use their unique experiences and power to create a just world. Inspired by the Mississippi Freedom Schools of the Civil Rights Era, CFS takes an innovative approach to youth activism, leadership development, and movement building.
At CFS, we:
- nurture leadership among young people, ages 14-21, across Chicago;
- create space where young people and adult allies can build knowledge, skills, and agency;
- elevate social justice movement history to support thoughtful action and strategy in the present;
- build the capacity of adult allies to understand and support youth-led social change;
- coordinate intergenerational public events on youth activism, movement history, and organizing.