Rev Up May 18-21, 2017
Professional Development to Support Youth Activism
The Chicago Freedom School is partnering with the M.Ed. in Youth Development Program at University of Illinois-Chicago to hold a multi-day training institute for youth organizers, youth workers, and educators who seek to incorporate social change practices into their work. Rev Up features workshops led by Chicago's cutting edge youth development professionals.
You don't want to miss this opportunity for skill-building, networking, and re-energizing.
"...the speakers, their activities, and personal experience were undeniably the highlight for me. I gained a lot of knowledge and also made great connections with people who share similar passions." -Rev Up Participant
- Explore the role of identity as an essential component of youth leadership development
- Develop holistic leadership development practices that empower youth to lead social change while addressing social-emotional needs
- Learn practical organizing and movement-building skills
- Network with youth development professionals from across the nation
"I was able to connect ideas I already had to real movements and plans of action...I was empowered to be able to take charge of my own learning as a relatively young adult as well." - Rev Up Participant
- The Role of Identity in Youth Leadership Development
- Developing Anti-Oppression Practices
- Understanding Adultism & Building Partnerships with Youth
- Developing Issue-based Campaigns with Youth
- Working with Youth with Disabilities
- Working with LGBTQ Youth
- Understanding Harm Reduction
- Building practices for wellness and self-care
Date: Thursday May 18 through Sunday May 21, 2017
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Location: UIC Campus, Chicago
Sliding Scale Payment: $150/ $225/ $300 (Please pay at the highest level you can so we can continue to provide scholarships to those who need them.)
Enter discount code REVUP10 for a 10% discount until April 15, 2017
Light breakfast and lunch are included.
Want to inquire about a scholarship? Please contact Xavier MaatRa at firstname.lastname@example.org
800 South Michigan Avenue
Travelodge Hotel Downtown Chicago
65 East Harrison St.
Best Western Grant Park
1100 S Michigan Avenue
Hostelling International Chicago
24 East Congress Parkway